It’s no secret that I am not a morning person. Regardless of whether I’ve gone to bed early, or had yet another late night, if I have to wake up in the morning due to a commitment I’m not impressed in the slightest. And that doesn’t even begin to describe how I feel if someone or something has woken me up.
I’ve read a few posts and articles about ‘making the most of your day’ and ‘how to become a morning person’ but personally I can’t put these things into practice. I’m not lazy I’m just not a morning person and I’m fine with that.
1. Not even food will make me move until I am ready.
2. I’m not moving it’s raining or snowing.
3. Ahh it’s sunny! I could just pretend I’m sunbathing… inside… in bed.
4. Please just don’t talk to me.
5. Okay, you’re actually trying to talk to me right now.
6. I have no idea what they just said.
7. How much sleep have I actually had?
8. Who am I kidding, it doesn’t make a difference if I’ve had four hours sleep or nine, I’m still tired.
9. How does anybody do this morning thing?
10. Wait, what day is it… It’s the weekend right? Please let it be the weekend.
11. OMG it’s a weekday *heart breaks a little*.
12. What time is it anyway?
13. Do I even need to work today?!
14. The quicker I get up the quicker I can come back to bed right? Or does it not work like that?
15. If I hit snooze I can sleep for another 10 minutes…
16. What is the latest possible time I can wake up and still leave on time?
17. It’s fine I only need like 20 minutes to shower, brush my teeth and get dressed.
18. Dammit why is there never enough time to eat breakfast.
19. I. Am. So. Tired.
20. I don’t have the patience for this.
21. I can’t deal with this.
22. *Googles “how to become a morning person”*
23. Bed I love you. I’ll be back soon…
I’ve never been one for ‘about me’ pages so let's keep it short and sweet: I'm 25 (so I guess you could assume I'm going through a quarter-life crisis), London-based, love food, oh, and partial to a rum-based drink... or just the rum tbh.